Einstein's Little Homunculus
If it looks like this page hasn't been updated lately, why not
mail Paul (paul [at] elh.org) and remind him to
do something new? [last updated May 29th, 2015]
What are we doing next? |
What's our music like? |
Who are we? |
Where have we played? |
Where is elh's music available? |
What does "homunculus" mean? |
How can you reach us?
Three contras in June of 2015! Boom!
See the schedule below for maps and other info.
- Saturday, June 6th, 2015 Greater Portland Contra at the Falmouth Congregational Church Hall (267 Falmouth Rd., Falmouth, ME) from 7:15pm to 7:45pm (instruction) and 8:00pm to midnight (contra).
- Sunday, June 7th, 2015 BIDA contra at the Cambridge Masonic Hall (1950 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA) from 7:00pm to 7:30pm (instruction) and 7:30 to 10:30pm (contra).
- Saturday, June 13th, 2015 Worcester Contra Dance at Wesley Methodist Church (114 Main St., Worcester, MA) 7:30pm to 8:00pm (instruction) and 8:00pm to 11:00pm (contra).
[For more info, see our News
of the Past]
What are we doing next?
What's our music like?
A mixture of slightly skewed original songs and rockin' arrangements of
jigs, reels, and other melodies from the British Isles and beyond.
"A daffier Fairport Convention." (Daniel Gewertz, Boston Herald)
There's an online review at Ari's Klezmer Shack.
You can listen to samples at .
Wanna look at the discography?
Who are we?
And, in our memories and on our recordings:
You can see pictures of the band
Tich Cownie: fiddle, vocals
Paul Crook: mandolin, guitar,
bass, accordion, vocals
Susan Gedutis Lindsay: pennywhistles,
alto and baritone saxophones, flute, vocals
Carol Laliberté DeLorenzo:
pennywhistles, low D whistle, recorder, soprano saxophone, vocals
B flat and C clarinets, bass clarinet, baritone saxophone
Rob Rudin: bodhrán, bones, dumbek, washboard, cocktail drums, vocals
Where have we played?
There's a big ol' list around
We've done several shows with the Jazzabels of Buffalo, and with Broadside Electric of Philly.
They're great bands.
What does "homunculus" mean?
People often ask us that.
Where is elh's music available?
Attending one of our shows or dances is a good way to view and purchase CDs.
They're also available online at:
In the Boston area, check at Newbury Comics and Sandy's
Music. If they're not there, let us
know, and we'll send some more.
How can you reach us?
For CD's, tapes, backrubs, bookings, or for mailing list math (additions
- elh [at] elh.org - general correspondence
- booking [at] elh.org - booking info
- By post:
- ELH c/o Paul Crook
92 Mechanic St
Shelburne Falls, MA 01370
Photo by Chris Yeager.
Web space provided by Hurricane Electric.
Maintained by Paul Crook.